Return to K9RoadTrip.com Home

Hello Dog Lover!

Discussion here is open to any dog related topic. Sign in with your K9RoadTrip member login or register for free.

Sign In Register

Still seeing Ticks
  • TheChauffeurTheChauffeur November 2010

Even though it's been very cool, even cold, for several days and this is the second cold snap of the fall, Prospect had a tick crawling on him after this morning's hike.

Friendly reminder that the only way to prevent against ticks, fleas, & parasite is regular, routine treatments with your choice of flea & tick and heartworm medicine.

• SkeeterSkeeter November 2010

Those pesky ticks! I treat Skeeter year-round for fleas & ticks and heartworms.

• CarlyDogCarlyDog November 2010

Carly Dog gets heartworm medicine year round and frontline from March to November. It gets cold enough here in winter I don't worry about ticks and fleas.

• K9GmaK9Gma November 2010

Saw a tick this week. Did some research. Freezing does not kill ticks.
    So best to use preventive measures and frequently check for them after walks in the parks/woods/trails.

• Buddy November 2010

year round treatment here

• ReelGirlReelGirl November 2010

Even though we live in an a "suburban" area, we check for ticks every time we pet, rub, brush our dogs - - ya just never know - - and we have found them!

• vanessavanessa June 2011

I use 'Revolution.' It takes care of flea and ticks, heartworms, and even ear mites. Cost is aroung $20 a month for one pet.